1 ¼ cups, softened
1 ¼ cups
Light corn syrup
1 ½ tsps.
Ground black pepper
Icelandic Pepper Cookies
8 h 0 m
8 h 10 m
- Beat butter with sugar in a large bowl. Add corn syrup, beat to combine.
- Beat in eggs, beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour with all the other dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter, mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Form a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out round cookies.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet at least an inch apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.