4 (thighs, drumsticks separated)
Ground black pepper
White distilled vinegar
5 cloves, smashed
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo (Easy!)
- Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper.
- On the HIGH saute setting, add oil to the instant pot. When the oil is shimmering, add 1/2 chicken. Cook for 8 minutes, or until brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the remaining chicken and cook until brown.
- Place the chicken pieces in the instant pot. Add sugar, soy sauce, white vinegar, bay leaves, garlic cloves, onion, and ground black pepper (about 1/2 tsp). Lock the lid according to the manufacturer's instructions. Set the instant pot to cook on HIGH setting for 7 minutes.
- Next, follow the instructions for quick release. Remove the instant pot lid. Turn to the HIGH saute setting. Bring the sauce to a boil, cook until thickened and brown (this will take about 20 minutes). Discard bay leaves.
- Place the chicken pieces on a platter with the sauce. If desired serve with rice. Enjoy your Instant Pot Chicken Adobo!