Beef chuck roast
2 lbs., boneless, cut in half
Ground black pepper
Red wine vinegar
1 head, cut in half
1, small, sliced
Flat leaf parsley
½ bunch, chopped
1 cup, store bought
Instant Pot Shawarma
1 h 30 m
1 h 55 m
- Combine all the spices, olive oil, and red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add the beef roast and garlic. Turn the roast several times to make sure it’s well coated with the marinade.
- Cover and let the ingredients marinate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Add the chuck roast and 1 cup water to the slow cooker and seal the lid. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes on high. Release the pressure for 10 minutes when the beef is ready.
- Place the beef roast on a rimmed baking sheet or into a bowl and shred it using 2 forks.
- Add a half of the reserved cooking liquid to the beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread hummus on pita, top with beef, and add garnishes you like.