Potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 1/2 lbs
Small head cabbage, chopped
Large onion, chopped
- Pour water in a saucepan. Add potatoes (they should be covered with water). Bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Put bacon slices in a deep skillet. Cook them over medium-high heat until they turn brown. Reserving drippings, drain and crumble.
- In the drippings, saute chopped cabbage and onion, covered, until they turn translucent.
- Drain potatoes. Mash them with milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the cooked bacon, cabbage, and onions. Transfer to a serving bowl. Make a hole in the center. Pour in the butter. Serve. Enjoy your Colcannon With Bacon!