1 1/2 lb
1, slightly beaten, room temperature
Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 cup, grated
1 tbsp, chopped
Ground black pepper
2, slightly beaten
Italian Potato Croquettes
1 h 5 m
1 h 50 m
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Prepare a baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, 1 egg, cheese, parsley, salt, and ground black pepper. Divide into 20 balls and shape them into a log shape.
- Place flour in a bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Next, place 2 eggs and 1 tbsp of water in a separate bowl.
- Roll the croquettes in the flour. Then dip them in the eggs. Then, roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 1/2 tsp of oil over high. Add 5 croquettes and carefully roll them in the oil to coat the exterior. Shake the pan back and forth to allow the croquettes to roll into a smooth shape. Fry the croquettes until golden. Then, arrange the croquettes on the baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven. Meanwhile, cook the remaining potato croquettes. Serve and enjoy your Italian style potato croquettes!