Asian (toasted) sesame oil
Finely chopped cooked turkey
Ground black pepper
Garlic and herb seasoning blend
5 tbsp., divided
Finely shredded cabbage
Spring roll wrappers
50 (7 inch square)
Jellied cranberry sauce
Leftover Turkey Spring Rolls with Cranberry Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce
1 h 15 m
1 h 55 m
- Preheat oven to 350° F/175°C/Gas Mark 4. Line several baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat up the olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook it until golden brown. Add turkey, carrot, black pepper, ginger, and herb seasoning blend and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, and continue stir-frying until the carrots start to soften, for about 5 minutes. Add cabbage, oyster sauce, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook until the cabbage is soft, for about 10 minutes. Remove the wok from the heat and drain off any excess liquid.
- To fill the spring roll wrappers, place on a flat surface so that a corner is facing toward you. Put about 2 tablespoons of the turkey filling in a line from the left to the right corner. Fold the bottom corner over the filling. Then fold in the two side corners over the filling, moisten the edges to seal. Roll up the wrapper, gently pressing, and seal the top corner. Place the filled wrappers seam-side down onto the lined baking trays keeping some distance between them.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the cranberry sauce in a saucepan over medium heat until the sauce is smooth in texture. Whisk in the sugar, vinegar, and a dash of soy sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer, whisking the sauce until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Serve the rolls hot with the sauce.