2 tsp, grated
2 cloves, crushed
1 tsp, chopped
1 (4-lb), patted dry
Lemony Chicken (Really Easy!)
1 h 5 m
1 h 20 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- Mash lemon zest, fresh thyme, garlic cloves, softened butter (2 tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp), and ground black pepper (1/2 tsp) until combined.
- Spread the mixture under the chicken skin. Tie the drumsticks together. Tuck the chicken wings behind the breast.
- Place the chicken on the rack fitted into a roasting pan. Brush the chicken with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Pour water into the pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Set the temperature to 425° F (210° C). Roast for 15 minutes, or until the thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken thigh registers 165° F (73° C). Before carving, allow to rest for 15 minutes.