1 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cup
Linzer Cookies for Holidays
1 h 0 m
1 h 15 m
- Whisk together almond flour, ground cinnamon, all-purpose flour, ground cloves, and salt. Then, in a separate bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla mixture. Beat to combine. Add the flour mixture. Beat to incorporate.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Form two disks. Place each dough disk between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Roll each disk until they're 1/8 inch thick. Place the dough sheets on a baking sheet. Chill it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Peel away a layer of paper from the dough. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter (if desired use smaller cookie cutters to make small cutouts in half the cookies). Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Bake the Linzer Cookies in the preheated oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool.
- Add 1 tsp water into the jam in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on LOW for half a minute. Spread 1/2 tsp of the mixture in the center of a cookie. Top with another cookie. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar if desired.