1 4-bone (bones and fat removed, reserved)
Ground black pepper
4 cloves, unpeeled, smashed
Extra-virgin olive oil
Make the Best Prime Rib
9 h 25 m
2 h 35 m
11 h 60 m
- Season the meat with salt and ground black pepper. Refrigerate overnight. Then, let the meat come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6).
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan bowed-side up. Then, scatter fat around the ribs. Roast for 30 minutes, or until fat starts to render.
- Place rosemary on the ribs. Top with the meat. Place garlic in the pan. Baste the prime rib with fat drippings.
- Cook for half an hour. Baste with fat drippings. Then, reduce to 350° F (180° C). Basting every 30 minutes, cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until medium-rare.
- Put the prime rib on a cutting board to rest for 20 minutes. Before serving, slice and garnish with oil and arugula if desired.