4 1/2 lbs, peeled and halved lengthwise
1/2 cup, room temperature
1 pinch or to taste
1 cup, cut into chunks
Freshly ground black pepper
Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone
- Preheat the oven to 425° F (210° C/Gas mark 7).
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water: bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low. Keep cooking the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- Whisk mascarpone until smooth. Add egg yolk and milk, whisking until the mixture is smooth. Then, season with salt, ground black pepper, and 1 pinch cayenne pepper.
- Transfer cooked potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add butter. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Mash butter into the potatoes. Then, whisk the mascarpone mixture into the potatoes.
- Spread into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve and enjoy your Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone!