1, halved and seeded
Dried dill weed
Ground black pepper
Mashed Potatoes with Acorn Squash
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C/Gas mark 4).
- Pour 1/2-inch water in a glass baking dish. Place the squash cut-side down in the dish.
- Bake for 30 min, until tender. Remove from the oven. Scoop out the flesh.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Pour enough water to cover the potatoes. Then, bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer for 20 min, until tender. Drain.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Mash them partially. Stir in squash, butter, Dijon mustard, dried dill weed, salt, and ground black pepper. Add milk, mashing until smooth and creamy. Enjoy your Mashed Potatoes with Acorn Squash!