Cream of tartar
Clear vanilla extract
Dark chocolate chips
Halloween Ideas: Meringue Ghosts
1 h 30 m
1 h 45 m
- Preheat the oven to 200° F (93° C). Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract in a clean dry bowl on medium speed until the mixture is frothy.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat on medium-high speed for 6 minutes, until stiff peaks appear.
- Place the egg white mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle. Pipe swirls of the mixture onto the cookie sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each meringue. Carefully press two chocolate chips into each meringue to make eyes.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, or until dry and crisp. Turn off the oven. Let the meringue to dry in the oven for a few hours.