2 tbsps, plus more
1 lb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Ground black pepper
2 cloves, chopped
Frozen puff pastry (17.3-ounce package)
1 sheet, thawed
Mini Carrot Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Prepare 4 8-oz ramekins by oiling them. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add chopped onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Add carrots. Season the carrots and onion with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stirring, cook for 8 minutes, until tender. Add chopped garlic. Add thyme. Cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Keep cooking for 1 minute, stirring. Slowly add milk. Stir. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened. Then, fold in parsley. Divide between the ramekins.
- Then, cut 4 4 1/2-inch rounds from the pastry. Place 1 over each ramekin and then brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake the mini carrot pot pies in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.