3 tbsp, grated
Prepared mini graham cracker pie crusts
New Recipe: Mini Meringue Pies
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- In a bowl, beat 3 egg yolks until smooth.
- In a saucepan, whisk sugar (3/4 cup) with flour and cornstarch until mixed. Beat in water, juice, and zest. Bring to a boil over medium. Next, reduce to a simmer.
- Add egg yolks and butter. Whisk until smooth. Remove the saucepan from heat. Spoon the filling into the crusts.
- In a glass bowl, beat egg whites, sugar (1/4 cup), and almond extract using an electric mixer until stiff peaks appear. Top the pies with the mixture. Using a spatula, make swirls and peaks.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let the mini lemon hand pies cool. Serve and enjoy!