2 1/4 cups
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/4 tsp
3/4 cup, softened
1, room temperature
Molasses Cookies: Soft and Chewy
1 h 45 m
1 h 60 m
- Whisk all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar with a hand-held mixer (high speed) until creamy. Add molasses. Beat to combine. Add egg and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Reduce the speed to low. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Cover with aluminum foil. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls. Roll each in granulated sugar. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheets (3 inches apart).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are cracked. Let the molasses cookies cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.