Light corn syrup
2 tbsp., softened
Perfect Peanut Brittle
- Prepare a large cookie sheet, grease it, and set aside.
- Take a heavy 2-quart saucepan, add the first four ingredients (from sugar to water), heat over a medium heat, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add peanuts and stir.
- If you have a candy thermometer, set it and cook until the temperature reaches 300° F/150° C. If you don’t, cook, stirring, until a tiny amount of mixture dropped into very cold water can separate into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining ingredients (butter and baking soda), stir well, and pour the mixture on a cookie sheet.
- Using 2 forks, lift and pull the mixture into a 14x12 inches rectangle. Snap into pieces.