Large potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, slice paper-thinly
2 tbsp. + extra for muffin tins
3 cloves, minced
½ cup, freshly grated
Freshly ground black pepper
Muffin Tin Potatoes Gratin
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6. Grease 12 muffin tins with butter.
- Add 2 tbsp. butter to a saucepan, let melt over medium heat. Add garlic, cook, stirring till fragrant. Stir in the flour; continue stirring until you get a very smooth, battery mixture (about 2 minutes).
- Add milk in a thin steak to the flour-butter mixture, use a whisker to combine. Continue whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated Parmesan; continue stirring until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potato slices in the muffin tins. Spoon sauce over the layers of potato.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.