Jerusalem artichoke (Sunchoke)
32 oz, scrubbed and sliced 1/3-inch thick
1 large potato, diced
2 tbsp, divided
8 oz, sliced
1 large onion, diced
1 tbsp, chopped
Ground black pepper
1/2 cup Soy milk
½ cup (optional)
Mushroom and Sunchoke Soup
1 h 50 m
1 h 70 m
- While preheating oven to 425° F/220° C/Gas Mark 7; put artichokes, potatoes, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Place the mixture in a baking dish.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to mushrooms and spread into another baking dish.
- Bake the potato and artichoke mixture for 20 minutes, and then put the mushrooms in the oven. Bake until potatoes become soft and lightly brown. It will take about 25 minutes more. Remove the dishes from the oven. Put aside.
- Put margarine into a large stock pot and melt over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook completely soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the potato mixture and mushrooms. Add 1 teaspoon salt and water. Bring to simmer, stirring from time to time, for about 5 minutes. Add mushroom broth and sage. Cover the pot and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Let the soup cool, and then blend in batches. Each batch shouldn’t be more than half of the pitcher. Hold the lid firmly while blending and start with a few quick pulses before leaving on. Combine the batches in a clean pot. Stir in soy milk before serving.