Plain popped popcorn
Light corn syrup
Foolproof Caramel Corn
1 h 0 m
1 h 15 m
- Place the popcorn into 2 greased roasting pans. Add the peanuts and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring. Boil for about 5 minutes while stirring the mixture constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soda and vanilla. Pour over the popcorn in the pans. Stir until it's coated well.
- Bake for about 1 hour, removing the pans and stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Line the countertop with waxed paper and place the corn on the paper. Separate the pieces. After that, let the corn cool.