2, cut cross ways into 3/16-inch rings
1% low-fat milk
No-Fry Onion Rings
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a cookie sheet and spray it with a vegetarian oil (preferably lite olive oil).
- Place the first three ingredients (from breadcrumbs to cayenne pepper) on a sheet of wax paper and mix them well.
- Dip the rings into milk and let the excess drip back; dip them into the crumb mixture. Don’t worry if the rings aren’t completely coated.
- Place the rings on the cookie sheet in one layer and bake for about 30 minutes or until the crumbs are golden and the onions are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.