Active dry yeast
2 ¼ tsp.
1 ½ cups (110°F/45°C)
3 1/3 cups
Our Signature Pizza Crust
- In a large bowl, mix yeast with sugar. Add water, stir to dissolve. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is frothy, add oil and salt. Add 2 ½ cups flour by small portions to make absorbing easier or use a bread machine.
- Transfer dough to a work surface dusted with more flour and start kneading. Add flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Shape dough into a ball and brush with olive oil.
- Transfer the dough ball into an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap. Let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- After an hour, preheat oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7. Punch the dough down and knead it some more. Shape into a ball and let rest for a few minutes (do not let the surface get too dry!)
- If you are baking in a regular oven, pre-bake the dough in a baking dish for 10 to 15 minutes before adding the toppings. With the toppings, bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven.