Yellow sweet onions
2, sliced 1/2-inch thick
Oven Onion Rings
- Preheat the oven to 450° F (220° C/Gas mark 8). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, smoked paprika, and salt (2 tsp) in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Add 1/2 of the flour and paprika mixture. Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, oil, and salt (2 tsp).
- Dredge the onion in the flour mixture. Drop in the buttermilk mixture. Next, dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Place the onion rings on the baking sheets. Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. HALFWAY through, flip over the rings!
- Serve and enjoy your Oven-baked Onion Rings!