2 cloves, minced
Ground black pepper
1 cup, grated (divided)
2 cups, divided
1/2 cup, shredded
1/2 cup, grated
Pasta Recipes: Ziti Al Forno
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5). Use a cooking spray to prepare a baking dish (9x13-inch).
- Pour water into a pot. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Add ziti and cook until al dente. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium, melt butter. Cook garlic for half a minute, or until fragrant. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, or until bubbly.
- Whisking, carefully add half-and-half. Bring to a simmer. Add Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup). Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese (1 cup), fontina, ricotta, and romano cheeses. Add pasta. Toss to coat. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Combine Parmesan (1/2 cup), mozzarella (1 cup), and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden.