2 refrigerated pie crusts, thawed according to package directions
Peeled, sliced apples
Perfect Apple Pie
- While preheating oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7, press 1 pie crust against into the sides and bottom of a glass pie plate (no need to grease!).
- Carefully mix sliced apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, salt, and flour. Transfer into the prepared crust. Cover with the other crust, wrapping the edge of the top one under the edge of the bottom one. Seal the edges and flute.
- Make outlets for hot air in the top crust – simple knife slits or pretty shapes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. The crust should be golden brown.
- If the edges start to brown too quickly (and they will!), cover them with a strip of aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let sit for at least 2 hours to cool down.