50 fresh mussels, scrubbed, debearded
Extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves, minced
3 green onions, chopped
1 bunch, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
Perfect Moules Marinieres
- Put mussels in a large bowl and add cold water to cover. Let mussels soak for about 20 minutes to remove sand and dirt.
- Prepare a large stockpot, add olive oil and heat it over a medium-low heat. Add garlic and let it sauté for no longer than 1 minute.
- Add green onions and plum tomatoes and continue cooking until they’re almost tender.
- Add wine, parsley, and butter and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for about 15 minutes, or until the liquid reduces by half.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Add mussels, cover with a lid, and cook for about 10 minutes or until the shells are opened.
- Place the mussels with the sauce on a serving bowl. Discard all the shells that haven’t opened.