Fully cooked smoked ham
1 (10-lb), room temperature
1 orange (grated)
Perfect Orange-Glazed Ham
3 h 15 m
3 h 55 m
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C/Gas mark 3).
- Trim off the skin from the ham. With a paring knife, score through the fat diagonally (in a crosshatch pattern). Insert cloves into the ham at the intersections.
- Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan (flat-side down). Add water (1/4 inch) into the bottom. Roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours and 30 minutes (a thermometer inserted into the thickest part should read 130° F (54° C).
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: mix brown sugar, mustard, zest, and juice in a bowl.
- Increase the temperature to 425° F (210° C/Gas mark 7). Pour half of the orange glaze over the ham. Brush to coat. Add more water to the pan if needed.
- Basting every 10 minutes with the orange glaze, roast the ham in the oven for 45 minutes, or until browned. Enjoy your Orange-Glazed Ham!