Pork belly (skin on)
Chinese cooking wine
1 1/2 tbsp
Chinese five-spice powder
Pork Belly Recipes: Super Crispy!
1 h 30 m
1 h 50 m
- With an ice pick, make holes in the skin. Don't pierce the flesh!
- Place the belly upside down and rub the flesh with the wine. Sprinkle with the spice powder. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the belly in a container (skin side up). Pat dry with paper towels. Refrigerate for 3 hours, uncovered.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- Put the belly on a foil sheet. Fold up the sides of the foil with a 2/5-inch rim above the skin. Place on a baking sheet. Pat the skin with paper towels. Brush the pork skin with white vinegar. Spread the rock salt on the pork skin.
- Roast the pork belly in the oven for 60 minutes. Then, transfer to a work surface.
- Switch to broiler on medium-high heat. Position the shelf 10 inches from the heat.
- Remove the foil. Scrape the salt off the pork. Place the pork on the baking sheet. Rotating once, place under the broiler for 20 minutes, or until the pork skin is golden in color. Serve.