Yukon Gold potatoes
2 lb, peeled, grated
Ground black pepper
4 tbsp, melted, divided
Potato Rosti Pie
- With your hands, squeeze any excess liquid out of the grated potatoes.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, salt, butter, and ground black pepper.
- Melt half the butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low. Add the potatoes. With a spatula, tidy the edges and flatten the rosti down.
- Cook the Potato Rosti for 12 minutes, until one side is crispy. Flip quickly: place a plate that barely fits into the pan on top of the rosti. Invert the pan. Set the pan back on the stove.
- Add the remaining butter and melt. Slide the potato pie off the plate back into the pan, crispy side up.
- Cook for 12 minutes, until golden and crispy.