1 cup, chopped
Fresh lemon juice
2 cloves, minced
Low-sodium chicken broth
3 (16-oz) cans
1/2 lb, peeled, deveined (tails intact)
Skinned, boned chicken thighs
4, cut in half
6 1/2 oz, cut into 1/2-inch-slices
1 (4-oz) slice, cut into 1-inch-pieces
2 cups, chopped
Red bell pepper
1 cup, chopped
Canned diced tomatoes
3 cloves, minced
Frozen green peas
8, scrubbed and debearded (optional)
Easy Spanish Paella
1 h 0 m
1 h 20 m
- Combine parsley (1 cup), lemon juice (1/4 cup), oil (1 tbsp), and minced garlic (2 cloves) in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine water, saffron, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil (1 tbsp). Saute chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillet. Saute sausage and prosciutto for 2 minutes. Remove from the skillet. Add shrimp. Saute for 2 minutes. Then, remove from the skillet. Next, add onion and bell pepper. Saute over medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic (3 cloves), and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Then, cook rice for 1 minute, stirring. Add the parsley mixture, broth mixture, chicken, sausage mixture, and peas. Bring to a low boil. Keep cooking for 10 minutes, stirring. Add mussels if using. Nestle them into the rice.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mussels open (if some of them remain closed, discard them). Place the shrimp heads down in the rice. Cook for 5 minutes, or until done. Sprinkle with lemon juice (1/4 cup). Remove from heat. Allow the Paella to stand for 10 minutes, covered with a towel. Serve and enjoy!