Lightly packed brown sugar
1 (15-oz) can
1 (8-oz) block, softened
1/2 cup, softened
Pumpkin Bars with Frosting
1 h 20 m
1 h 30 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 9x13 pan by greasing it with cooking spray.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, and pumpkin puree. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center and see if it comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together cheese and butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined. Add ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and 1 pinch salt. Frost the pumpkin bars. Cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!