4 sprigs, leaves chopped
1 1/2 tsp
2 (3-lb) chickens, cut into 8 pieces
3 1/2 cups
1/3 cup, chopped
Ground black pepper
New Recipe: Ranch Chicken
3 h 45 m
3 h 95 m
- In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 1/2 of the thyme, mayo, paprika (1 tsp), garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and salt (1 tsp). Add the chicken pieces to the bowl. Toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 3 hours.
- Position the oven racks in the upper and lower thirds. Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6). Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with aluminum foil. Set wire racks on the baking sheets. Next, prepare the racks by coating them with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, chopped chives, paprika (1/2 tsp), thyme (1/2), salt (1 tsp or more to taste), and ground black pepper (1/2 tsp or more to taste).
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken on the wire racks (white meat on one rack, and the dark meat on the other). Spray the chicken with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the oven (dark meat on the bottom oven rack).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Allow the chicken to cool on the wire racks for 10 minutes. Season with more salt. Serve and enjoy your Baked Ranch Chicken!