2, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
Low-sodium chicken broth
for serving (optional)
Roasted Turkey with Herbs
3 h 0 m
3 h 45 m
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C/Gas mark 5).
- Remove giblets and neck of the turkey from cavities, reserving the neck. Pat the bird dry with paper towels. Stuff 1/2 of the quartered onions and 6 sage sprigs into the main cavity. Tie the legs together and tuck the wings underneath. Rub the bird with olive oil. Season with 1 tsp salt.
- Place the neck, carrots, 2 bay leaves, celery, onions, and sage in a roasting pan. Place roasting rack in the pan. Put the bird on top.
- Roast for 3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the bird's thigh reads 165° F (73° C).
- Tilt the turkey to empty juices from the cavity. Transfer to a carving board. Cover with foil. Allow the turkey to rest for 25 minutes. Carve the turkey. Garnish as desired.