1 ¼ lb, rinsed, papery scales rubbed away, ends trimmed
3 green garlic plants, chopped
- Boil fiddleheads in salted water for 10 minutes.
- While boiling the fiddleheads, add butter to a skillet, let it melt and then brown.
- Chop up the green garlic and add to butter. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Remove fiddleheads from heat, drain and add to the skillet. Saute for 4 minutes and serve as a side dish for meat or fish.
- To cook a full meal, sauté Portobello mushrooms in olive oil until they caramelize.
- Add sautéed fiddleheads, mix well. Sprinkle with lemon zest, stir in sour cream ans serve with roast salmon.