6 small purple-top turnips, peeled, ends trimmed
2 small carrots, peeled
1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Onion, finely chopped
Apple cider vinegar
Fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Shredded Turnip, Apple and Carrot Salad
- Use the side of the grater with the largest holes to grate turnips, carrots, and apple and combine in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and mix to coat.
- Add onion, oil, vinegar, sugar, and parsley. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and chill for one hour before serving.