1 (8 oz.) package, linguini or another type
½ lb., sliced
2 cloves, minced
1 (3 oz.) package
2 tbsp., chopped
Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta
- Lightly salt water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 7 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp. butter to a large skillet and heat it over a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender. Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Melt the rest of butter with garlic in the same pan. Add cream cheese breaking it up with a spoon.
- Add parsley and basil and stir well. Let the dish simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water until the sauce is smooth. Add shrimp and mushrooms and heat through.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve.