3 cloves, minced
2 tbsp., grated
Canned diced tomatoes
1 28-oz can
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 lb., cut in quarters
2 tbsp., chopped
Slow Cooked Butter Chicken
8 h 0 m
8 h 20 m
- Put the onions, garlic, ginger, butter, sugar, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper and tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Stir in almond/cashew butter into the chicken broth, pour over the vegetables and spices.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to 5-8 hours.
- Blend the sauce with immersion blender until smooth. Add chicken, cover, cook for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken juices are clear.
- Add sour cream, stir. Serve with fresh cilantro.