3 lb., skinless
1, large chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
Low-sodium chicken broth
1 15-oz can, drained
Slow Cooker Moroccan-Style Chicken with Almonds and Apricots
3 h 15 m
3 h 30 m
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients from chicken thighs to black pepper till chicken and onion pieces are well-coated.
- Place chicken thighs and onions into the slow cooker pot. Pour chicken broth, add a bay leaf.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours.
- Open the pot, add olive, apricots and chickpeas, mix to combine, cook for 1 more hour. You will see the dish is ready when the apricots get plump.
- While your chicken is cooking, toast almonds on a pie plate in the oven at 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 till fragrant. It should take about 7 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in shallow bowls: add cooked couscous, a chicken thigh, pour over with juices, sprinkle with almonds.