Refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8-oz) cans
2 (8-oz) packages, at room temperature
1 1/2 tsps
1 1/3 cups, divided
4 tbsps, melted and cooled slightly
- Position an oven rack in the center. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas mark 4).
- Unroll 1 can of dough. Lay in the bottom of a glass baking dish (9x13) and press the dough into the bottom evenly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together cheese, vanilla extract, egg, and 1 cup sugar until smooth and fluffy (2 minutes). Spread the mixture over the dough.
- Unroll the remaining can of dough. Lay it on top. Stretch the dough as needed to cover the cheese mixture. Pour melted butter on top. Spread it evenly.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the dough is baked through. Before cutting, allow the Sopapilla Cheesecake to cool for about 15 minutes.