6 slices, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves, crushed
2, seeded, minced
1/2 tsp, minced
Pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 cup, grated
3/4 cup, grated (plus for garnish)
2 tbsp, chopped
Spaghetti Carbonara with Brandy
- Pour water into a large pot. Add salt. Bring to a boil.
- In a skillet, combine bacon, oil, jalapeno, rosemary, crushed garlic cloves, and water over medium-high heat. Stirring, cook for 10 minutes, or until the bacon becomes crispy. Remove and discard garlic. Add brandy. Keep cooking until the brandy evaporates. Remove from heat. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- Add spaghetti to the pot of salted water and cook according to the package directions.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, Parmesan, Romano cheese, chopped parsley, and ground pepper (1 tsp). Reserving cooking liquid (1/4 cup), drain the pasta.
- Over medium-high heat, add the pasta to the skillet. Toss for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the cooking liquid to the egg mixture. Pour over the pasta. Toss. Garnish with more bacon and Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy your Carbonara with Brandy!