1 (28-oz) can
Extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves, minced
Crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup, grated
Spaghetti Squash Recipes: Marinara
- Add water to your Instant Pot. Place the rack in the bottom.
- Pierce the squash six times using a fork. Place the squash on the rack.
- Lock the lid. Prepare to cook. Set on HIGH for 12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, crush the tomatoes with your hands.
- Then, follow the manufacturer's instructions for quick release. Then, unlock and remove the lid. Carefully remove the rack using kitchen towels. Place the rack and squash on a cutting board. Pour the liquid out of the Instant Pot. Let the squash cool slightly.
- Set to HIGH saute. Let it heat for 2 minutes. Add oil (2 tbsp), onions, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and red pepper. Stirring, cook for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomatoes. Add more salt. Bring to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Season with salt and red pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, split the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Scrape the strands with a fork. Transfer to a platter. Add oil (2 tbsp), salt (1 tsp), and red pepper. Top with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.