Ghee (clarified butter)
Chicken legs, skinless
5 cloves, minced
Fresh ginger root
2 tbsp, minced
Tomato, small, chopped
1 tbsp, ground
Serrano pepper, seedless, minced
Spicy Punjabi Chicken
1 h 0 m
1 h 25 m
- Put oil and ghee to a large pot and heat them over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and cook them until they change color.
- Add the onion and cook stirring until it becomes translucent, for about 5 mins. Add garlic and ginger and keep cooking the mixture stirring it occasionally until the onions get brown, for 5 more mins.
- Add the next six ingredients (from tomato to water) and cook the sauce for 5 mins.
- Put the chicken into the sauce making sure the legs are completely coated.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the chicken is white near the bone, not pink (for about 40 mins).
- Sprinkle the dish with cilantro and serve it.