2 sticks, at room temperature, plus for pan
1 1/4 cups, plus for pan
1 1/4 tsps
1 1/2 tsps
Packed brown sugar
Unsweetened cocoa powder
4, room temperature
Pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbsps
Spooky Halloween Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (180° C/Gas mark 4). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan by buttering it. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Then, butter and flour the parchment.
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and salt.
- Melt butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Then, remove from heat. Add white sugar and brown sugar. Whisk. Add cocoa and whisk. Gradually add eggs. Whisk until well combined. Add vanilla extract.
- Then, add the flour and salt mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center and see if it comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Then, remove the brownies from the pan and allow them to cool completely on the wire rack.
- Cut the brownies into 24 rectangles.
- With a mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, meringue powder, and 1/4 cup water on low speed until fluffy (about 7 minutes).
- Transfer the meringue powder mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a ribbon tip. Pipe the icing to create mummy wrappings on the brownies, leaving space for eyes. Decorate with candy eyes. Serve and enjoy your Halloween Brownies!