1 1/2 cups
Whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp
Apple pie spice
1 1/4 cups
8 tbsp, melted
1 tsp, grated
2 oz, room temperature
4 tbsp, room temperature
Spooky Mummy Muffins
1 h 40 m
1 h 60 m
- Position the oven rack in the center. Preheat the oven to 425° F (210° C/Gas mark 7).
- With a fork, crush 2 cups berries until smashed. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pie spice, and salt.
- Beat egg and egg yolks together in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture, buttermilk, 8 tbsp unsalted butter, zest, juice, and vanilla to the blueberries. Stir until combined. Fold the blueberry mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Divide among muffin cups.
- Rotating halfway through, bake for 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Then, transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the muffin pan. Allow them to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 4 tbsp butter for 5 minutes, until creamy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating on low speed. Then, beat on high speed for 3 minutes, until stiff and creamy. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a flat tip.
- Starting from the top, pipe the frosting forming the wrapping of a mummy, leaving space for eyes. Pipe a bit of frosting on the back of 2 berries and 2 candy eyes.
- Place the berries onto the muffin. Top them with candy eyes. Enjoy your Mummy Muffins!