Fragrant Roasted Almonds
1 h 0 m
1 h 5 m
- Heat the oven to 250° F/120° C/Gas Mark 1.
- Prepare a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan (or a bigger rimmed baking sheet) and grease it.
- Add egg white and vanilla to a large bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add almond and stir well until the liquid mixture coats almonds.
- Place the mixture into a mesh strainer to get rid of the excess liquid and leave it there for 5 to 10 minutes. Put the almonds in the bowl again.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients (from white sugar to salt) in a bowl, sprinkle the mixture over the almonds, and toss to coat.
- Place the coated nuts into the pan in one layer, evenly. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes, or until the seasoning sticks to the almonds.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.