Boneless lean chuck steak
4 tbsp, divided
2, thinly sliced
4 cloves, smashed
Ground black pepper
1 (28-oz) can
1/4 cup, chopped
New Recipe: Swiss Steak
2 h 15 m
2 h 35 m
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C/Gas mark 3).
- Pound the steaks with a meat mallet until the steaks are 1/2-inch thick.
- In a dutch oven, heat oil (2 tbsp) over medium-high. Cook the thinly sliced onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove the onions and garlic.
- Generously season the steaks with salt and ground black pepper. Dredge in the flour.
- Add oil (2 tbsp) to the pot. Add the steaks. Cook until golden.
- Next mix crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Pour the mixture over the steaks. Sprinkle with onions and garlic. Cover the pot.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours, or until tender. Before serving, sprinkle the Swiss Steak with chopped parsley. Enjoy!