Leg of lamb, boneless, trimmed, cut into 1 ½ cubes
Plain whole-milk yogurt
Canned/jarred green peppercorns in brine, rinsed, drained, small chopped
Fresh lemon juice
Fresh cilantro, small chopped
Fresh mint, small chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
Tender Lamb Skewers
- Place all ingredients from yogurt to cumin into a large bowl and whisk well. Add fresh mint and cilantro, season with salt and pepper, stir well.
- Reserve one cup of the yogurt sauce and keep it in the fridge till it’s time to serve the skewers.
- Pour the remaining sauce into a large sealable plastic bag. Place lamb cubes inside, seal the bag and turn it to coat the lamb well. Place in the fridge and let marinate overnight.
- An hour before you start grilling, soak the skewers in water.
- Pre-heat a grill pan or light a grill. Remove the lamb cubes from marinade, divide it between 18 skewers evenly, season with more salt and pepper. Grill the skewers for about 7 minutes, turning regularly, until charred in spots. Place the skewers on a platter, serve with the yogurt sauce.