Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced paper thin
1 ½ lb.
Garlic, sliced thinly
Freshly ground black pepper
Cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
1 h 10 m
1 h 20 m
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease a large casserole dish with butter.
- Arrange half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper; dot with pieces of butter.
- Top potatoes with ½ garlic slices, then pour ½ pint of the heavy cream. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Cheddar.
- Repeat layering the ingredients in the same manner. Finish with slices of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven, sprinkle with grated hard cheese you are using and bake for 30 minutes more. Test with a fork before removing from the oven – ready potatoes will be tender.