1 1/2 cups
4 (6-oz) fillets
Ground black pepper
White sandwich bread
6 slices, torn into pieces
Grated lemon zest
Extra-virgin olive oil
Tilapia Recipes: Tilapia Milanese
- Preheat the oven to 425° F (210° C/Gas mark 7). Prepare a baking sheet: line it with foil.
- Pour milk into a bowl. Add ice. Soak the tilapia in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- In a dish, mix flour, salt (1/2 tsp), and pepper (1/2 tsp). In a separate dish, lightly beat eggs.
- In a food processor, pulse parsley, bread pieces, zest, and salt (1/2 tsp) until crumbs form. Place in another dish. Dredge the tilapia in the milk, then in the flour mixture, and then in the eggs. Coat with the breadcrumbs. Place the tilapia on a plate.
- In a skillet over medium-high, geat oil (2 tbsp) and butter (2 tbsp).
- Cook 2 fish fillets for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets. Add more oil and butter (2 tbsp each).
- Then, bake the fish in the preheated oven for 7 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!