Chicken breasts, skinless, de-boned
Fresh ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves, minced
2 cups, cut in half
Fresh basil (leaves only)
1 cup, finely chopped
Red pepper flakes
½ tsp, crushed (optional)
¼ cup, freshly grated
Pasta with Chicken, Tomatoes and Basil
- Cook fettuccine according to the directions on the package. Drain.
- Rub chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, preheat olive oil to medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, flipping once. Set aside, but keep warm.
- Add minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, chopped basil, and red pepper flakes. Cook until tomatoes soften and begin to burst (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add fettuccine into the skillet, mix with the other ingredients. Add butter, stir well. Cook, until combined (approx.. 2 minutes). Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer fettuccine to plates, top with chicken, sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.