8 tbsp, plus for buttering
8 oz, chopped
1/3 cup, plus for dusting
1 h 0 m
1 h 25 m
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C/Gas mark 3). Prepare a springform pan by buttering it.
- In a saucepan over medium-low, melt chocolate with butter until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir until smooth. Remove the saucepan from heat. Allow to cool for several minutes.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks appear.
- Add egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Add a quarter of the egg whites. Add this chocolate mixture to the remaining egg whites. Fold until mostly combined. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the center no longer wiggles. Allow the Flourless Cake to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Next, dust the cake with cocoa. Serve and enjoy!